In order to ensure the safety of our students at Ridge View Elementary, as well as the smooth flow of traffic in our parking lots, we would like to remind you of the following procedures:
- Please limit your speeds. It is important to remember that children sometimes act unpredictably. Lower speed allows for appropriate reaction time.
- Please refrain from using your phone during drop-off and pick-up.
- When entering the drop-off/pick-up zone from Greenford Lane, please be mindful of traffic coming from both directions. We ask that drivers be considerate by taking turns and allowing one another to merge into the entrance.
- Please help maintain a continual flow of traffic by pulling all the way forward when dropping off and picking up your child. Students will be expected to wait south of the first crosswalk in order for cars to pull as far forward as possible. Should you notice that you pull ahead of your child, he/she will be directed to walk to your vehicle. While we understand this will require patience on the part of everyone, following these procedures will contribute to the smooth flow of traffic, and most importantly, to the safety of our students. As a reminder, please do not cut in front of waiting vehicles by entering the drop-off/pick-up zone from the thru lane.
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in the drop-off/pick-up zone. If you need to come into the school for any reason, please park in the parking lot and use the crosswalk.
- Students should exit and enter vehicles on the passenger (curb) side of the vehicle. It is not safe for them to load/unload on the left, as they will be in the thru lane of moving vehicles. This is very dangerous and impedes traffic.
- Should you choose to use the visitor parking lot in front of the school for drop-off or pick-up, please be aware that you must PARK your vehicle and walk your student to and from the crosswalk. Students will not be permitted to cross to the parking lot without an adult. Please understand this cautionary measure is for the safety of your children. There is limited supervision in the visitor parking lot and we do not want to place students in hazardous situations.
- Please refrain from dropping off and/or picking up students in the bus loading/unloading zone. In the morning, students are asked to enter school through their grade level doors.