In order to ensure the safety of our students at Ridge View Elementary, as well as the smooth flow of traffic in our parking lots, we would like to remind you of the following procedures:
- Please limit your speeds. It is important to remember that children sometimes act unpredictably, and lower speed allows for appropriate reaction time.
- Please refrain from using your phone during drop-off and pick-up. Text messaging while driving is banned in the state of Utah.
- Please pull all the way forward when dropping off and picking up your child(ren) so as not to back up incoming traffic. This will also contribute to the smooth flow of traffic.
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in the drop-off/pick-up zone. If you need to come into the school for any reason, please park in the parking lot and use the crosswalk.
- Students should exit and enter vehicles on the passenger (curb) side of the vehicle. It is not safe for them to exit/enter on the left, as they will be in the thru lane. Never let your child(ren) exit/enter the vehicle in the thru lane. This is very dangerous and impedes traffic.
- Please refrain from dropping off and/or picking up students in the bus loading/unloading zone. In the morning, students are asked to enter school through their grade level doors.